The best way to approve your mouth is to always monitor any changes that may be present. If you notice any changes in your oral health care habits or changes with your teeth and your gums, it could be linked to a condition taking place while you sleep. A condition that often arises is via teeth grinding known as bruxism. Common symptoms of bruxism include the following:
– If you have any tired of tight jaw muscles, jaw or facial pain, or increased tooth sensitivity, it may be linked to bruxism.
– When you wake up in the mornings, inspect your mouth for any signs of worn tooth enamel or flat teeth. Often times, it takes place over a period of time.
– If a sleep partner or roommate ever comments that they can hear you grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw while you sleep, bruxism is often to blame.
– Strange indentations and markings on your tongue as well as cheek tissue damage to the inner linings of your cheeks are linked to bruxism.
– Sometimes, headaches and earaches can arise as a result of bruxism. If you have a dull headache that seems to originate from the temples or an earache that doesn’t feel as if it’s actually caused by your ear, it may be linked to bruxism.
If you require aid for treating bruxism, you are welcome to book an appointment with Pro Spoto Dental by calling (813) 884-3287. Dr. Gerald Spoto and our entire team at our dentist office in Tampa, Florida, look forward to enhancing your smile by eradicating bruxism.